Picture
By: Donna McBride

There was never a question of whether I should register to vote or not - it was just the right thing to do when I turned 18 years old.  I realize that was a long time ago when politics was very different.  But the foundation is still the same. It is our constitutional right. And yes, an obligation.

Maybe you haven't registered because you think that's the easiest way to avoid politics. Avoiding politics just isn't possible because decisions  will be made with or without you.  You still have to pay taxes even if you don't vote. Elected officials make decisions about which streets to fix, trash and sewer fees or community centers being built. Your input is valuable to them as they make those decision.

By voting, you can make the system better. It may never be perfect, but improving the system is possible. Elected officials need you.

Come August 30th, candidates will need you, especially those of us running for local positions like city council.  I'm not afraid to admit it,  I need you. One vote, one opinion. You matter.

* CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TO VOTE *
(August 30th election deadline is August 1st)

Comments

10/29/2016 12:08am

All are using this blog for better and well points about voting your right obligations keep It up in the same way. Everyone can visit this donnamcbride blog for informative concepts,keep visit for more updates.

02/28/2017 7:04am

Voting is our right as a citizen of our nation. It is our right to choose who will govern, protect and serve us. It is a right that everyone has and needs to do, an obligation. It is our obligation to help for the betterment of all, and voting is one way to do so. It is our obligation to secure the future of our children, another factor for us to vote. You think that not voting will make your life at ease but I will tell you, voting or not, all will be affected with the result of the election. So you have to choose either to be part of the effect or be affected for doing nothing.

01/13/2017 7:38am

I wish I could help you with this election. I am sure that you are a great person.

03/13/2017 11:04pm

Try to make sure you stretch out your muscular tissues whilst you work out. In case you are beneath age forty, hold your stretches for at the least 30 seconds. Someone over 40 need to keep their stretches for at least 60 seconds. This may reduce the possibilities of your body getting injured at the same time as doing muscle constructing exercises.

03/19/2017 6:34pm

Sometimes we need to dig deeper on this issue. Great opinion indeed. I may follow this case on the other time. Thank you.

04/11/2017 2:39pm

You should choose wisely. Your vote would be decisive for the America's future.

05/29/2017 4:53am

Enthusiastic beginning is very common in every sector when anyone enters into a new world. But it is very hard to keep such enthusiasm for a long time after huddles come out from invited sources. Read this blog and know more about this topic.

05/30/2017 5:04am

A writer should always try to keep its writing very simple and clear. Always use facts which are easily acceptable by general people because they are very close to their assumptions and they welcome such kind of facts.

05/31/2017 4:32am

The above mentioned matter is easy to not only understand but also explain. Even I can elaborate subject of this article now very easily because I it is easy to understand for me. Really a creative expert skill possessed by author.

05/31/2017 11:59pm

Now a day, education has changed its way in comparison of old generation’s way of education. New frequently updated blogs and websites help you to adopt a different way to learn differently.

06/01/2017 9:44pm

It would be interesting to join such an aggressive and real discussion with readers of this blog as well as readers of other blogs or websites who really thing that they can express more related to this topic.

07/08/2017 8:39am

Writing with style and getting good compliments on the article is quite hard, to be honest.But you've done it so calmly and with so cool feeling and you've nailed the job. This article is possessed with style and I am giving good compliment. Best!